Saturday, January 26, 2013

Autumn Breezes

I have been following a blog called Apple Avenue Quilts for over a year now and she always post really nice patterns for the making.  I did the block of the month and am just now putting the final border on it so I will will post pictures when it is finished.  

In October last year the blog editor Jill, posted a wall hanging that was paper-pieced and I just fell in love with it.  I had learned a new way to paper-piece from Amy Butler on the Craftsy BOM website so I thought I would tackle this project.  I picked up the fabric at a small quilt shop in Beaver Bay Minnesota.


Autumn Breezes.
I am quite proud of it.  All the quilting is done
in the ditch because I thought something
else would take away from the  pattern.
I then did some serpentine stitches down the 4 sides.

Peggy

No comments: