I finished my afghan today. I had three very large balls of wool that needed to be used. They were 16 oz. each. I decided on the ripple pattern so that it would be more interesting than just straight knitting. The finished measurements are 60 x 50. I hate joining sections together so it is knit in one piece with no seams. I used a circular needle with over 300 stitches per row. It kept me warm while I knitted.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
More and more shops here are charging for bags when you purchase something in their stores, so I decided to make myself a new bag for spring. I have made many more in the past but nothing as colourful as this one. It is lined and has iron-on interfacing on the front and back of the lining. I also put a few stitches in the bottom of the bag so that the lining will not pull away from the bag when items are removed. Now I am all set for spring, which seems to be here early this year.