The table runner and 8 placemats are finished. The deck makes a good backdrop for them. It looks like it should be for valentines day but really they are nice small red and white flowers. I guess it could be a duel purpose set.
Friday, June 11, 2010
I finished the binding on the Bear River quilt. I think it turned out pretty nice. It is 73 x 85 just a nice size for a double bed quilt. The colours of the borders don't show up very good in the picture. The brown is not a solid brown but almost a batik or shaded colour of brown. It took me over a year to get it together, and I am glad I finally got around to it.
Monday, June 7, 2010
I haven't been able to do much quilting lately as we have been re-shingling the roof on our cabin (our getaway). My son and his best friend came to help out. It took a lot longer than they expected as they had to do a repair job on the front and back as the boards under the shingles were rotten. It was a big job and they worked tirelessly on it. When they finished that, they shingled the new shed that we are building. We were so grateful for their help. I was the chief cook and tried to feed them well as they were using a lot of energy those past 4 days.
at 10:05 PM