Saturday, March 17, 2012

A good Therapy Session on Thursday.

We had a good therapy session on Thursday.  Time went by too quickly, it seems some days we don't seem to get much done and accomplished in our quilting.

Maria was using the 9 1/2 inch ruler to square up
her star blocks.

She was able to work on them this past week
and finished them up today.

Cute Lady Bugs.

Joyce had been working on her table topper all week and put the few finishing touches on it today.

Now she has to trim the edges
and put the binding on.
She will be all set for spring.

I have started a new wall hanging and was making the pinwheel blocks.

The hearts have to appliqued.

This is a kit i bought in St John's Newfoundland when we were there last July and thought I should get started on it.  I didn't like the centre section of this pattern so I purchased something else.

This is a picture I got with the kit.
I am going to take the centre section
out and put in a border strip.

Wish me luck.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I DID IT.....

I did it.  I redid my Block 5 from the Blogger BOM.  This is from Quilt Dad and I had a tough time with it but I finally did it.

Block #5 a perfect 8 1/2 inches.

I also finished my E Blocks from Lyn Brown.

My E Blocks

Elegant Embroidered Embellishment

I put my Baby Lock to work and did some
Elegant Embroidery.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Craftsy and Blogger Block of the Month Blocks

I have finished this month's blocks from the Craftsy BOM.  These are string blocks and are done different than anything I have read before.  The first one has 2 layers of fabric and the second one is done the same way using the triangle as a guide but is cut off when you are finished so there is only one layer of fabric.  This is a great BOM since there is a video each month to help you make the blocks.

March Block #1
This Block is prepared in squares.

Craftsy March Block #2
This block is prepared using triangles.

Blogger's Block #3

Blogger's Block #4

Blogger's Block #5
This block didn't turn out at 8 1/2 inches.
It is only 7 1/2 so I guess I have to rip it out.
I sewed it at 1/4 inch seam, it didn't
say to use a 'scant' 1/4 inch which I don't
like and don't use very often.

Blogger's Block #6.

This means that I am all caught up, except for ripping
out block # 5.  If it doesn't work I guess I
will just add another row and make it work.

I guess that is why my blog is called Sew, Rip, Sew
because here I go again, ripping out or
as some call it unsewing.