Monday, March 12, 2012

Craftsy and Blogger Block of the Month Blocks

I have finished this month's blocks from the Craftsy BOM.  These are string blocks and are done different than anything I have read before.  The first one has 2 layers of fabric and the second one is done the same way using the triangle as a guide but is cut off when you are finished so there is only one layer of fabric.  This is a great BOM since there is a video each month to help you make the blocks.


March Block #1
This Block is prepared in squares.


Craftsy March Block #2
This block is prepared using triangles.



Blogger's Block #3


Blogger's Block #4


Blogger's Block #5
This block didn't turn out at 8 1/2 inches.
It is only 7 1/2 so I guess I have to rip it out.
I sewed it at 1/4 inch seam, it didn't
say to use a 'scant' 1/4 inch which I don't
like and don't use very often.


Blogger's Block #6.

This means that I am all caught up, except for ripping
out block # 5.  If it doesn't work I guess I
will just add another row and make it work.

I guess that is why my blog is called Sew, Rip, Sew
because here I go again, ripping out or
as some call it unsewing.


No comments: