Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Charmed Hearts

This is the latest quilt that I have been working on.  It is called Charming Hearts from the Moda Bake Shop.  There are so many patterns on this site that it is hard to choose a quilt to make but because there are so many it is nice to have such a good selection. 

Charming Hearts

I used the same fabric that the pattern called for except for the borders.  You were suppose to use a charm pack and a layer cake and then a white background.  The fabric is called Bliss, and you were suppose to use the layer cake for the border and cut it up into strips so that the border exactly matched the hearts, but I couldn't find one in town so I chose Bliss fabric in the white and red and put an almost solid red to break it up.

I put more applique hearts on the quilt then it had in the pattern and I doubled some up and used small and large hearts.  To get the small hearts I used the inside cut out piece of the "heat & bond" from the large hearts so there was very little waste of the heat and bond.

I really like to personalize my quilts so I have to make some change to the pattern.

I had Wendy Currie quilt it on her long-arm machine.  She did a beautiful job.  It was much to big for me to do on my machine, as it is 69 x 85. 

Peggy.

No comments: