Thursday, December 1, 2011

To-day is Thursday it must mean Quilting Group

To-day we got together at Joyce's house as usual but it sure took a long time to get down to doing some quilting.  Last week it was just Joyce and I so the 4 of us had a lot of catching up to do and showing our show and tell. 

Joyce is working on 6 placemats and a tablerunner for Christmas.  She used reverse binding and quilted with gold thread. 

Pink Poinsettias


Pierina is working on her tree pattern.  These are wonky trees and the pieces have to be kept together or the whole concept is lost.

She rolls them up on a newspaper to keep them in their
right places.

These are her red trees with beige background

She finished 2 green trees today.


Maria was working on her Schnibbles.  She quilted it and is now ready to apply the binding.

The fabric is Sunkissed, by Moda.

Maria, was also working on her Fabulous Fracture Quilt. 
Sewing rows together.

I quilted my Schnibbles quilt.
I really didn't know how I was going to do this,
but group consultations helped and
I used white thread in a blocking
pattern.

I also worked on my Hunter Star Quilt and made 18 squares to make three more rows.

One large stack
Some still have to be trimmed.

We got a lot accomplished after all.

Peggy.






 

No comments: