Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quilt Therapy

It was a cold and windy day today but we didn't care because we were in Joyce's sunroom enjoying the sunshine and a day of sewing.  The temperature is -22C with windchill of -30C.  Now that is cold.

Pierina has finished her tree quilt.
The colours are so striking.

She found some really cute fabric with houses
on it for her backing.
She decided to use the John Flynn method
to save on fabric.


Joyce's cushion - with the backing sewn on.

She is making the back of the cushion
envelope style but adding tabs with buttons
for decoration.
A cute idea.


Maria is putting the binding on her schnibbles quilt.

All finished.

So Pretty.

Maria has the bag I made her for Christmas.

I am making Maple Leaf Blocks for a kit
that I picked up last March in New York City, called
I had started these in July at retreat
and had forgotten all about it until
Lynda asked had I finished it yet.
I managed to get 4 out of the 16
blocks finished.


Great Therapy today.










No comments: