Sunday, August 10, 2014

Two Inch Squares

I have been cutting so many scraps lately I thought I should make something out of some of them.  I decided to use some 2 inch ones to make a donation quilt.  I used a 16 patch block so that I would use a lot of the squares and make a decent sized block.


There are 560 - 2 inch squares in this quilt.

I finished this quilt using the hinge method so that it was easier to quilt.
I still have about the same number of 2 inch squares in my bin.  I guess I will be making another one soon.  I think I will look for a different pattern or use a disappearing 16 patch.  That is a neat pattern.

I found this pretty butterfly fabric at "The Circle of Friends" quilt shop.
Cora's quilt needed a bag to go with it and I thought it was great since it has so much pink in it.  I put a tab across the top instead of a zipper and found a large pink button.

Peggy

No comments: