Monday, April 27, 2015

The Quilt Show and Workshops

Our Guest Instructor Johanna Masko taught 3 workshops at our Quilt Show.  She taught The Farmer's wife blocks, Houses blocks that was paper pieced and the Pineapple Log Cabin.  I was fortunate to take the Pineapple log cabin class.  We were treated to a great class put on by a fabulous quilter and instructor.  She kept her eyes on all of us as we made our blocks making sure that we understood the procedure as she taught it.  It was a new block for me so I really needed to get the concept.  We didn't paper piece this block which is the traditional way but instead added rounds to a 2 1/2 inch square to come up with an octagon.  I have been very busy since I got home and have made 2 more plus started another one.

Johanna Masko


 Some random blocks by the class.


Our Class

2 of my 3 finished blocks.  
The light fabric and the center square is from England, the reds and blues are from my stash.  I seem to be making my blocks different each time I make one so I think I will try to make at least 2 that are the same.  I am going to make blocks till I run out of fabric that matches the original block.

Peggy


No comments: