Monday, December 5, 2011

Schnibbles is finally quilted

I really had a hard time deciding how I was going to quilt this little quilt.  I took it to Thursday's group and we laid out thread onto the quilt and decided that because of the strong colours in the quilt that white was the best one for the job.

I did straight line quilting and used the wobble stitch.  I first used the wobble stitch when I took a class on "Cotton Theory".  It is a zigzag stitch that is very long and narrow.  It is a good stitch to use when you are sewing straight lines because if you go crooked it doesn't look as bad as if you were sewing with a straight stitch.

I quilted only on the white and tried to avoid the coloured stars.

Because it is winter here
YKW held it up indoors,
so it looks a little crooked.
Peggy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great Peggy! Congratulations on the finish!