Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shades of Autumn

I bought this kit when we were in New York City last year.  I started it last July and then sort of forgot about it.  Lynda asked me if I had made it yet and it jogged my memory.  Colleen and Lynda had paid for part of it as my birthday present since it was about a day away.

It is made of Fossil Fern from Benartex.  I'm disappointed that the picture is washed out.  It was a bright sunny day here.  The colours are very bright.   I may try to take another picture but it is too big for YKW to hold it up.  It is 81 x 81.

It is not quilted and never will be,
unless the person who inherits it decides to quilt it.

We have decided to use it as a summer quilt.
It is made like a duvet cover but I
sewed it completely shut.
 I put a few stitches
in the centre stems of the leaves
and the joined stems around the middle
to hold it together.

I also top stitched all around the edge
with the same colour of thread
to match the border pieces. 

 I used all the fabric that came with the kit so now I have to buy more because I want to make some pillow shams to match.  I think I will make a 12" centre square maple leaf and then add strips to make the sham.
One more thing to add to my never ending list.

No comments: