Friday, July 6, 2012

Carpenter Star

I am still working on my current BOM's and I like to make other things at the same time.  


I was alone one weekend because YKW had gone to the cabin.  I had to stay home to water the plants in the greenhouse.  He grows cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse and they are very prolific because of the warmth and protection and need to be watered every day.


I found the perfect pattern to make a Carpenter Star Quilt here.  My only problem was that it was too big.  I wanted it to be a lap size for me, so I made the squares at 5 inches and not 6 1/2 inches.  Mine ended up being 48 x 60 inches.


I really like the pink and purple that "Mary"
had so I copied the colours.

My oldest granddaughter really liked it too.  It may be hers one day but it has to stay in my house for a while. 

I am trying to make myself a quilt for every month of the year.  I go to yoga classes from September to June and would like to take a new quilt for each month that I would use for Shavasana.  


 

No comments: