Sunday, February 17, 2013

Placemat Therapy

It turned out that last Tuesday, Joyce and I were both making placemats.  It was good to get out and get together for some quilting.  There have been a few things going on in my life lately but since this is not about my personal life, suffice to say the day was great therapy.

Joyce bought this beautiful fabric a while ago just because she liked it.  
I think we all do that at some point.
She had to find something to go with it, and there is 
hint of purple in the main fabric and it turned out
to be a good choice.
She is making 8 of these.
I don't think the picture does the fabric justice though.

I found the deer fabric tucked away in a drawer and thought it was time to do something
with it.  I think I bought this about 3 years ago.
 I was going to cut off the rocking horse but then the deer picture would
be too small, so I decided to leave it on and just add some green holly fabric that I also
had on hand.
I was able to make 4 of these.

This Santa fabric was left over from last year.  I didn't have any blue that would go with
it so I decided to use red since that is for Christmas anyway.
I had enough fabric to make 6 of these 
Santa placemats.

These may go to the Guild booth 
at the quilt show 
in April.  
I haven't quite decided yet.

Peggy.





No comments: