Thursday, July 25, 2013

My New Toy

I've seen this iron on the Internet and just knew that I had to have one.  Jenny from "The Missouri Star Quilt Company" uses one in her tutorials.  Here is a link to them. 


I just love this iron.
It is an Oliso Pro and I bought it from Amazon.com.
You do not stand this iron up, as soon as you take your hand
off of it, it rises off the ironing board;
then when you go to pick it up, the iron becomes flat.

I finished two more small quilts this past week,also.  The tops were made a long time ago but they needed to be quilted and the binding put on them.

This little quilt was made from a charm pack
that I won from Morning Glory Designs.
 I couldn't decide if I wanted to make it bigger or not so I finally decided to leave it the size it was and to use it as a table topper.  It is very fresh looking for the summer on the table.

I used a Hexagon Ruler from Fons and Porter to make this small quilt.  When you use this ruler to make a braid quilt there is no waste because there is no trimming after the strips are made.
I got the pattern also from Fons and Porter but I only made 4 strips instead of 5 that the pattern called for.  This will be a donation comfort quilt for the local Quilters Guild.
Peggy

No comments: