Thursday, August 15, 2013

What I am Working On

I found this pattern on the internet as a quilt along and saved it since I wasn't ready to make it yet.  I picked it up a few weeks ago and have been having some fun with it.  It is made in 9 patch squares.  There are 25 nine patch squares times four.  I ran into a small problem after I had done three rows of the 9 patch squares and decided to read about sewing the rows together.  One of the instructions said to make sure the seams nestled together.  Well..... I neglected to do that.  I just put the 9 patches together and went on my merry way sewing them all, 4 blocks at a time.

I only had to half rip out the second row of 9 patches and pressed the seams in the opposite direction so that they would all snuggle (nestle) together when I sewed the rows together. That was 20 squares that I ripped out.  I have the 4th row made but not added to the first three and now I am on to making my fifth row of 9 patches.  I am on the down side now and looking forward to seeing it as a quilt.

Christmas Cactus.

You will have to wait a little longer to see
the completed top.

If you are interested in making this quilt you now have to pay for the pattern.  
You can find the pattern here.
Peggy

No comments: