Saturday, June 21, 2014

Busy, Busy Reunion and Graduation

I haven't blogged for awhile because sometimes life gets in the way.  I am working on a few quilts right now, one is a teddy bear quilt and the other is for my newest great niece, Cora.  I will post them when they are finished.

I went to my 50th Nursing Reunion the beginning of the month and had a wonderful time seeing all my old roommates.  When I was in training we lived in residence so we were all roommates.  We laughed together and cried together.  We celebrated successes and vowed to do better when we had a failure.  There were 75 of us that graduated and 44 showed up at the Alumni dinner where our 50 years was celebrated.

These are the lovely gals that were seated at my table.  We sure don't look like we graduated 50 years ago, we must have all entered nursing when we were 14 years old.  At least that would be nice to think that it was so. Everyone loved the Wonder Wallets that I had made and blogged about in a previous post.  I'm so glad I made them, it will be a nice keepsake for our 50th.

The group of 44

I spent a week in Toronto with my classmate Joanne and had a very relaxing time.  We went out for lunch with Pierina and Mila on Wednesday and then we went to visit Andra and the twins on Thursday and I gave her the quilts I had made for them.  We picked up pizza on the way to Oshawa so that we could grab a quick bite and then we went to watch Dylan play soccer.  The twins are only 4 1/2 so it was great fun to watch them run around chasing the ball and see Dylan trying to score.

One of my classmates and a real good friend, Bonnie, couldn't make it to the reunion because she had to be admitted to hospital.  She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at least 7 years ago and has been through chemo and radiation and is now suffering from blockages in her abdomen from the tumors that keep growing.  The best part was that Tom, Joanne's husband, drove us to Collingwood so that we could have a visit with her in the hospital.  It was so nice to see her.  She looked great but tired easily so we only spent an hour or so with her.  

As soon as I got back from Toronto it was graduation for my grand-daughter Breanne.  That was a full day affair with Mass in the morning at the Cathedral which was followed by a luncheon and then the ceremony at night at the Community Auditorium.

This past week I have been planting my flowers in between the cold weather and the rain drops.  Such fun.  The only thing that rain is good for is to spend the time indoors sewing so that is what I am going to do tomorrow so I can get these two quilts finished.


No comments: