Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Canada Day

Today is Canada Day.  July 1st 2014 is Canada's 147th birthday. 



We were up at the cabin for the past 4 days because it was Field Day for Amateur Radio and YKW spent the greater part of 2 days on his radio making contacts with other Ham Radio Operators.

I spent my time squaring up some half square triangles that I had put together a while back just for such an occasion.  Sometimes the sewing machine interferes with radio reception because we use a portable generator for our electricity so if I spend my time doing other quilty things then I am not wasting my time. 

I found this block in a book of 100 blocks and it makes a super cute small quilt.
I made one of these before but as you can see I changed the size of the squares so that they are easier to square up if they are finished slightly larger that the 2 1/2 inches that is the square unfinished.
 
The colours I chose with a very pale beige background.
 
This is the other pattern I am working on.  I don't know where I found this one or I would link to it.  It is so easy and it is just half square triangles. I found where you can find this little quilt pattern.  It is here.
 
I had some leftover off white animal footprint fabric and Maria had lots of the blue so mine won't be scrappy but very appropriate for a teddy bear or one of the small stuffed dogs that I have. 
 
Peggy
 

No comments: