Thursday, November 10, 2016

Time to do Some Blogging

It has been a while since I did some blogging.  So many things have happened since the last time I was on here.  In September I flew to Southern Ontario to visit two of my sisters and my grand daughter.  My older sister was turning 79 this year so I wanted to visit with her close to her birthday if I couldn't be there on the day.  We went out for lunch at a little pub near their home and then went back to the house for a short visit.  

On the way home we drove past the road to Paris so we took a detour and went to Mary Maxim.  This is a shop that is famous for their knitting supplies and patterns and lately they have added fabric.  It was a nice visit since I hadn't been there in over 15 years.

I have been busy making Christmas gifts which I can't post yet but will do so after Christmas but have also been making some quilts.

I have a narrow table in my hall and have always has store bought runners on it so I decided that this was the year to make one.

I used a pattern that I have made before and just added more squares since the table is 6 feet long.


This is the back of that quilt.
This is some of the fabric that my sister in California sent me because she decided
that she wasn't going to do much quilting and instead
concentrate on knitting.

I don't know where I found this pattern.  I flip around the internet so much and when I come 
upon a pattern I like I just save it.  I was really drawn to this one because of all the
small squares.  I save squares in all sizes and this was a great pattern to use
some of them.

Another pinwheel quilt.

I used fabric that was left over from the backing on another quilt and was able to cut enough 5 inch squares to make this quilt.  The border is also fabric that was left over from another quilt backing.  This fabric was extra wide so I was able to use it for the border.

Color Block
Quilts by Elena

When Lynda and I were in the Maritimes I bought 25 fat quarters of fabric from the area.  There is Anne of Green Gables and potatoes from PEI and shells, sea glass, whales, lobster and crabs from NS and NB,  I had fabric from Newfoundland from when we were there a few years ago so I added it to this quilt. 
 This is my "Memory Quilt"


I found this quilt on Moda and used some of the left over fabric from my memory quilt.  It seems the fat quarters seem to grow over night after you have made a quilt with them.  There is still a lot of fabric left over.  


Peggy






No comments: