Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Snowmen

My last tablerunner and placemats finished.  Each set has 4 placemats with it.  I decided this time that I would finish the binding the Cotton Theory way, so I sewed the binding onto the back of the placemats and then folded it over to the front just to the seam line and then did my fancy CT stitch and finished them off.  No hand sewing this way and I think it made a nice decoration on the front of the runner and mats.



I am not a traditional quilter, I have a very hard time doing freehand quilting so I use my fancy stitches on my Babyloc sewing machine to quilt.  Here is a picture of the binding that was sewn onto the front of the placemat.


I chose the pale blue so that the stitches would show up in the picture. 

Now I have to make bags to go with these gifts.  Everyone needs bags for the stores these days and I also prefer not to buy wrapping paper so bags it is.

Peggy

No comments: