Monday, December 6, 2010

A Binding Tip

I saw this tip on the Internet but don't remember where I saw it.  If anyone knows, please let me know so that I can give the author proper acknowledgement for it.  It is a great tip. 

When binding a large quilt and you have many strips of binding sewn together one of the ways to keep track of it is to wind it up and put it under the foot of your sewing machine.  This really works.  I am applying the binding to my Halloween quilt which is 48 x 48 so I have 5 binding strips which can be unruly at times.  I took some photos to show you what I mean.  This tip would work even better for a queen size quilt.






I have a Babyloc Quilter's Choice which has an extension table with legs that I wrapped the binding around.  It worked really well.  I hope I remember to do this next time I am adding binding to a quilt.

Peggy.

No comments: