Sunday, February 5, 2012

Flying Geese or Canada Geese Quilt

I put the sashing and the borders onto the Flying Geese Quilt.  I am not going to quilt it, it is too big for me to handle.  It is going to be given to the Quilt Guild and someone there will quilt it.  The Annual Quilt Bee is next Thursday at one of the local hotels so I am going to take it with me and give it to the Bee Chairperson to add to the finished products of the day. 

Flying Geese Quilt Top


When I started this quilt I was going to make Geese in the Park on the Moda Bakeshop site, but when I started to put it together I didn't like how it was turning out so I searched for another pattern and used Connecting Threads Flying Geese Quilt Pattern.  as a guide.  This is a really easy free pattern.  I didn't make it the size the pattern called for though, because the guild wants them to be 63 x 80 inches so that is what it is.

I used the Deb Tucker Wing Clipper ruler and used the no waste method of doing flying geese.  I hate wasting fabric and always save whatever I can and this method comes in really handy for making flying geese with no waste.  You make them a little larger than the pattern calls for and then you square them up.  

Another finish.

No comments: