Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Twin Quilts....Well Almost

Back in November 2011, I blogged about the 90 Degree Double-strip Ruler and Strip Smart Quilts by Kathy Brown.



I decided that I would make "Read all About it" using this ruler.  It was a lot of fun to use the ruler and the blocks went together really fast.  When I got into making the quilt the instructions said that you would have 24 blocks leftover.  Well that got me thinking.  Maybe I would make a second quilt with the leftovers and a few more strips.

"Read All About It" in Green
(My Son wanted a quilt in green)


This is the backing.
"Big Sky Country"
South Sea Imports.

Because I had purchased a lot of fabric I decided to make a second quilt.
This is my own design using leftover squares and a few
more strips of fabric.


The Twin....almost.


The backing is "Wild Wings by Persis Clayton Weirs
for Springs Creative Products Group."

The backing is almost as nice as the front of the quilts.

No comments: